Dienstag, November 21, 2006

copy C64 disks to PC

As my C64 diskettes get older and older it becomes time to backup them. The best is to copy all disks as an image to the PC. This will make it very easy to handle as there is no physical disk but only images. This will be stored at one location on the PCs HD and also backed up to a CDROM.

The second advantage of this is that all my disks are no accessibly from a C64 emulator.

All needed information is found here. As I don't want to risk a new PC I will use one of my old 386 and 486. With this the simplest cable should be work.

Downloaded the test program to see if the simplest cable will work. Connect two resistors (220 Ohm to 1 kOhm) between the pins 1, 14 and 16, 17. Run the program and see both connections are found.

Keine Kommentare: