Sonntag, November 04, 2007

bittorrent and dht

So far I used Enhanced CTorrent. This client is a cli tool and runs fine on the NSLU2. A few weeks ago I tired to download a torrent but the tracker was never found. I asked a friend if the is able to download the torrent with Azureus. He was able to download the torrent. Therefor I checked the features of Azureus and ctorrent. Dht (distributed hash table) caught my attention.

The only client I found that supports dht and is able to run on the NSLU2 is rtorrent. The dht support is so far not part of the official distribution. A patch to add dht is provided by Josef Drexler.

First download the patch wget http://tk.ttdpatch.net/~jdrexler/dht/dht.diff to see what revision of rtorrent you need. The first time I downloaded the wrong revision as the web page was not updated. Download with svn co -r 987 svn://rakshasa.no/libtorrent/trunk the revision the patch was created from. Or check with svn info if the already downloaded revision is the correct one.

Start with libtorrent:

  • ./autogen.sh

  • ./configure

  • nice -n 19 make

  • make check

  • sudo make install


After this do the same steps for rtorrent. If all works fine apply the patch (patch -p0 < dht.diff in trunk) and build libtorrent and rtorrent again.

add to .rtorrent.rc:

  • dht = auto

  • dht_port = forwarded port

Keine Kommentare: