Donnerstag, Juli 19, 2007

Fugawi - first impression

I'm on the search for a GPS software running on Palm. The SW should be able to use hiking cards from different provider. A friend of mine is using Fugawi. He told me, that it has is flaws but the only alternative TouratechQV is worse. At least in his opinion.

Playing with his system I encountered this negative points:
  • move imported points with elevation will only move L and B if no elevation data is available -> should be set to 0 or so but not lead to a new point with wrong elevation

  • editing an existing route or trak supports only moving a point or delete one adding a new point is not possible

  • was not able to get a recorded trak from the palm onto the PC

  • map on palm only black and white - selected color!

  • importing a map with elevation data (Kompass) or location names (top50) doesn't provide this features in fugawi

Both provide a demo version. I will write down the points I like to test and the next time I've got some days off I will do the test in the Alps.

Keine Kommentare: