Donnerstag, August 09, 2007

share files on the net

The ExtremeTech article 5 New Ways to Share Files compares web services that provide storage space. The idea is instead of sending somebody a large file as mail attachment you only send the link.
I'm a big fan of this. At work I get lots of mails with huge presentations as CC. Quite often the subject line tells me that I'm not interested in this mail.

So far I used my own web space to share the attachments or rsynced the files to a friends server. The alternative of this web services is more to tell friends about without a web space and/or computer knowledge.

A quick look at the comparison table gave me the winner: FileCrunch.

  • no login for the recipient

  • no extra client to install

  • storage time 30 days


The recipient will see some advertising before the download starts.
An alternative is YouSendIt. But the storage time is only 7 days. This could be to short in case of an vacation or a delayed download at busy times.

Keine Kommentare: